SiNfulSS.com - T56 Rebuild

T56 Rebuild Pics

So finally after 150,000 miles and many 1.4 & 1.5 60' passes at the track the T56 finally said it was time for a rebuild. Driving around one night the shifter got stuck in 4th gear and did not want to come out. So after much yanking on the shifter I got it to come loose and was able to drive home with 1, 2, and 5th and 6th gears. After calling around to tranny shops and getting rediclious prices for a rebuild I figured since I do everything else on the car might as well not stop here. So I decided to tackle the task myself.

THE TEAR DOWN
Well after tearing it all apart it turned out that the only problem on this high tortured, high mileage T56 was that the small pad on the 3-4 shift fork broke.

So this just proves how strong these trannys really are. The syncros and sliders and gears were in normal looking shape as well. Now while everything else still looked good, I wasn't about to tear this whole thing apart and not beef it up while I was there So I ordered parts from D&D Performance and Hanlon Motorsports

CLICK THUMBNAIL FOR LARGER IMAGE